Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Amthauer, Heiner" <He...@t-systems.com> on 2006/05/09 11:23:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Using ProxyPass with ssl/non-ssl (Apache 1.3)

Hi,

I've searched the archives and google and found lotsa postings about
SSL-proxy. However, this is not an issue of SSL-proxy. Actually, it
should'nt be an issue at all. Nonetheless, it doesn't work properly.

Here ist what I'm doing:

(Apache 1.3)

ProxyPass /foo http://mirror.some.org/foo
ProxyPassReverse /foo http://mirror.some.org/foo

This seems easy and does work just fine, if accessed via
http://host/foo/whatever.
However, when using https://host/foo/whatever, only a few objects are
loaded. Other objects can not be accessed. Looking in the log files,
everything seems fine. I have absolutely no clue, what the reason my be.
Any hints?

regards
Heiner

Re: [users@httpd] Using ProxyPass with ssl/non-ssl (Apache 1.3)

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/06, Amthauer, Heiner <He...@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've searched the archives and google and found lotsa postings about
> SSL-proxy. However, this is not an issue of SSL-proxy. Actually, it
> should'nt be an issue at all. Nonetheless, it doesn't work properly.
>
> Here ist what I'm doing:
>
> (Apache 1.3)
>
> ProxyPass /foo http://mirror.some.org/foo
> ProxyPassReverse /foo http://mirror.some.org/foo
>
> This seems easy and does work just fine, if accessed via
> http://host/foo/whatever.
> However, when using https://host/foo/whatever, only a few objects are
> loaded. Other objects can not be accessed. Looking in the log files,
> everything seems fine. I have absolutely no clue, what the reason my be. Any
> hints?

Have a look at the source of what you get back. It migh just be that
your browser tries to access some content directly (bypassing the
reverse proxy) and that mirror.some.org just doesn't understand
https...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com