Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 08:11:38 UTC

[Info] Presentation about free software on Windows

Hi all,

Just for info, I will try, for the second time, to organize an event around
free software and AOO in Switzerland (as a third party, non official).

http://softenpoche.com/manifestations.html

I will transmit the results of the try : bad or good ;-)

A+
--
gw

Re: [Info] Presentation about free software on Windows

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Results are bad : only 2 participants.
> But the feedbacks which I receive now about the material I have distributed
> during my "marketing campaign" are good and encourage me to continue. So, I
> don't understand very well why only 2 participants were present. But that's
> life.
>
> I will now do presentations as often as possible in various stores or
> events.
>
> BTW, for legal issues and to be allowed accept mandates from companies and
> from the state, I had to create a company. It will act in the promotion and
> help to the migration to free software, principally AOO and was officially
> registered at the 01.06.14.
>
> A+
> --
> gw

Thank you for sharing...

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just for info, I will try, for the second time, to organize an event
> > around free software and AOO in Switzerland (as a third party, non
> > official).
> >
> > http://softenpoche.com/manifestations.html
> >
> > I will transmit the results of the try : bad or good ;-)
> >
> > A+
> > --
> > gw

MzK

"The universe is full of magical things
 patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
                         -- Eden Phillpotts

Re: [Info] Presentation about free software on Windows

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
There is always activities for all levels, from doing templates and
contribute to our database:
http://templates.openoffice.org/

I have mentor kids that sign up for Google Code-In which is a program
for high school kids and google with open source software:
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/

Not sure if OpenOffice will participate this year but we have
participate in the past and is a good way to contribute and get
instant recognition and prices.

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandro,

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

> On 11/10/2014 Guy Waterval wrote:
>
>> BTW, for legal issues and to be allowed accept mandates from companies and
>> from the state, I had to create a company. It will act in the promotion
>> and
>> help to the migration to free software, principally AOO and was officially
>> registered at the 01.06.14.
>>

> Remember that you can ask to be listed at
> http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
>
> This might also give you a little more visibility for future events.

It's a good idea, indeed. Many thanks.
Here are the needed informations.

Name : Guy Waterval <http://www.softenpoche.com>

Area of Practice : Training – Documentation - Support

Countries : CH

Description :
Training courses for the modules Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw.
Developpement of "Softenpoche", a portable free software collection,
allowing the use of the Apache OpenOffice TM productivity suite and other
complementary free office tools anywhere on any Windows computer without
installation. Developpement of free teaching material to help interested
people to promote the AOO project and the use of the Apache OpenOffice TM
suite in companies and schools in their region.

Contact : waterval.guy@gmail.com

BTW : during the registration procedure (one month) I had  to transmit
- Marketing material (own material : stylo, flyers, cards, etc)
- Notice explaining what I was planning to do with a disclaimer that I was
working only  as a thirdparty
- Copy of AOO software (I have given a portable and preconfigurated version)
- Copy of my ICLA
- 2 filled forms

A+

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.