Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/07/29 08:58:02 UTC

How to throw and AxisFault as HTTP 401

Hello,

I'm building a web service that has some security requirement that
cannot be checked before service invocation : I need to test service
params and compare with user principal to grant access to business service.

How can I throw an exception from my service that will be converterd to
an "Server.Unauthenticated" AxisFault ?

I was thinking about a specialized Handler that could intercept my
SecurityException and throw a new Axisfault, but I don't know where to
set it in handler chain (as onFault cannot throw AxisFault)

Nico.

Re: How to throw and AxisFault as HTTP 401

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
While it's true that you can't throw an AxisFault in the onFault
handler chain, you can change the fault -- just modify the message.