Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GASNIER Lise <li...@solucom.fr> on 2001/04/05 16:44:30 UTC

Solutions to problems with iis redirection

Hi,
I had some troubles with Tomcat working with IIS.
I found an answer to my problem on the developper mailing list:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=98072686213739&w=2

I was particularly happy to find this comment:
In your registry when you add to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters --
Filter DLLs key. Make sure that you DO NOT include the isapi_redirect.dll in
this string. For example if you have put the dll in a bin\win32\i386
directory in your jakarta-tomcat directory the key value should be
c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin\win32\i386This was a major headache for me, even
though the directions say FULL PATH they only mean PATH. For all of you that
were always getting a 404 error because tomcat was always looking for
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll instead of the URL you typed in, this is the
answer.

I hope this will help other users ...
Lise
PS: pardon me  for my bad English...