Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christopher Haskins <ch...@piper-group.com> on 2004/08/25 15:39:20 UTC

scm:update-project

Hi,

I'm trying to use Maven to build an existing app that we have but I have
a smallish problem.

I have left most things to use the default setting, so when I do a
scm:checkout-project it checks out the source files into the 'checkouts'
directory under the <base dir>/target. I'm trying to get maven to do a
nightly build and I want to use 'scm:update-project' to update the
source before I do a build. This fails as I run it from the <base dir>
and it can't see the source files in the checkouts dir so comes back
with a message; [cvs] cvs [update aborted]: there is no version here;
run 'cvs checkout' first.

What is the best practice to overcome this problem?

Thanks

Chris Haskins

Java Developer

Piper Group plc

Email: chaskins@piper-group.com <ma...@piper-group.com>

Tel:     + 44 (0) 1454 284900

Fax:    + 44 (0) 1454 284950

www.piper-group.com <http://www.piper-group.com/>

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee only, and is confidential and may be the subject of legal
professional privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use
of this communication without permission of the addressee is strictly
prohibited. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Piper Group plc.

RE: update-project

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

You can checkout to current dir with -Dmaven.scm.checkout.dir=.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project