Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Paolo Spadafora <sp...@sympatico.ca> on 2004/02/14 02:10:12 UTC

Re: New Query Type(s)

Hi Doug,
did you implement such a feature yet? I know i am bothering you with these phrasequery issues...sorry...
and, thank you. We all appreciate you.

Paolo.

PS: search engine that support that use a sintax like:
"a b c" w/10 "a f g"
for this type of query, users do not like to use "(" much.

Jochen wrote:
> Please disregard my prior post. I see that I outed myself as stupid.

This was not a stupid request, but a reasonable one.  In fact I
currently have a contract to implement such a feature.  It should show
up in the next month or so.

Doug

RE: New Query Type(s)

Posted by Jochen Frey <lu...@quontis.com>.
I have done some testing on it on large data sets and they seem to work fine
(for my query types, which are very similar to yours).

Precision (#correct results retrieved by query/ #all results retrieved by
query) was good (i.e. 1), I cannot confirm Recall yet (#results retrieved /
#all possible good results) since I currently have no way of verifying the
search results other than running Lucene queries.

Thanks Doug

Yes.  The org.apache.lucene.search.spans.* classes now in CVS support
these sorts of operations.  There is no query parser support for them
yet.  If you have questions or problems about how they work, please send
them along.

> I know i am bothering you with these phrasequery issues...sorry...
> and, thank you. We all appreciate you.

Thanks!

> PS: search engine that support that use a sintax like:
> "a b c" w/10 "a f g"
> for this type of query, users do not like to use "(" much.

I'd love to see more query parsers contributed!

Doug

Re: New Query Type(s)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.