Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2021/10/19 08:18:21 UTC

[TEST] Struts 2.5.27 test build is ready

Hi,

Please take a time and test the bits - any help is appreciated. Please
report any problems. I'll call for a vote in a few days if no problems
will be spotted.

Staging Maven repo
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

Standalone artifacts
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/struts/2.5.27/

Release notes
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.27

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Re: [TEST] Struts 2.5.27 test build is ready

Posted by James Chaplin <jc...@apache.org>.
Hi Lukasz and Greg.

Thanks for looking into the behaviour, Lukasz.

And thanks, Greg, for indicating you did not see any similar warnings when running your application on Tomcat with 2.5.27.

I noticed those log warn outputs when running the 2.5.27 Showcase on Tomcat 8.5.x, so if there is some sort of race condition involved, it may not be just when running under Jetty.  Or, it could be something specific to the Showcase itself.

Unless the unexpected log warnings can be confirmed/reproduced as a general issue for 2.5.27 in real-world usage, I guess it should be OK.

Thanks again for taking a look.

Regards,

     James.

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org>.
Hi James,

Unfortunately couldn't find a chance to look into, maybe I'm wrong but
as far as I remember, there are pages in the showcase app that are
opening directly without an action in behind which is the source of
those warnings in the new Struts 2.5.27 I think.

Thanks for looking into it!

Regards.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
niedz., 31 paź 2021 o 12:41 Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Not seen anything re this in the tomcat logs, and have been running
> 2.5.27 for a week or so.
>
> The vote would be +1 for me.

Great, thanks a lot!

Regards

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Thanks James,

Posted by James Chaplin <jc...@apache.org>.
Hi Lukasz.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
..

[INFO] +- org.apache.struts:struts2-core:jar:2.5.27:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.freemarker:freemarker:jar:2.3.30:compile
[INFO] |  +- ognl:ognl:jar:3.1.29:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- org.javassist:javassist:jar:3.20.0-GA:compile
[INFO] |  \- commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.4:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.struts:struts2-tiles-plugin:jar:2.5.27:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-api:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-core:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-servlet:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-request-api:jar:1.0.7:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-request-jsp:jar:1.0.7:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-request-servlet:jar:1.0.7:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-jsp:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- org.apache.tiles:tiles-template:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  |     \-
org.apache.tiles:tiles-autotag-core-runtime:jar:1.2:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-freemarker:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- org.apache.tiles:tiles-request-freemarker:jar:1.0.7:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.tiles:tiles-ognl:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] |  \- org.apache.tiles:tiles-el:jar:3.0.8:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.struts:struts2-javatemplates-plugin:jar:2.5.27:compile

This is the output for org.apache.struts, no struts1

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
<repository>
             <id>apache.snapshots</id>
             <name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/</url>
             <releases>
                 <enabled>*true*</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
             </releases>
             <snapshots>
                 <enabled>false</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
             </snapshots>
         </repository>

Ok thanks,  for me I change <releases> to true😁.

##

Also why in my ~.m2/repository/org/apache/struts folder I have struts 1
stuff? If I remove my repo above it still downloads them.

struts-core, struts-master, struts-parent etc

Maybe a maven thing?

Cheers Greg

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.