Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by zMatthew <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2011/03/10 06:08:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about mod_dav in Apache2(Centos)

I configured Apache2 to allow "PUT" method on a directory,
     /usr/local/apache/DAVLock is writeable by Apache    "LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so"  is uncommented    "LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so" is uncommented
I just added  2 lines in default httpd.conf

DAVLockDB /usr/local/apache/DAVLock

<Directory />
    DAV On

However, PUT method still isn't seen via " OPTIONS / HTTP/1.0"
Could someone give me a hand? thanks

RE: [users@httpd] Question about mod_dav in Apache2(Centos)

Posted by zMatthew <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Apach's error_log doesn't exist any relative info.

My httpd.conf is as follows,

=================BEGIN==========================
ServerTokens OS
ServerRoot "/etc/httpd"
PidFile run/httpd.pid
Timeout 120
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
ServerLimit      256
MaxClients       256
MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
Listen 80
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
LoadModule version_module modules/mod_version.so

Include conf.d/*.conf
User apache
Group apache
ServerAdmin root@localhost
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/html">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir disable
</IfModule>
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types
DefaultType text/plain

<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>

HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel warn
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
CustomLog logs/access_log combined
ServerSignature On
Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
<Directory "/var/www/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<IfModule mod_dav_fs.c>
    DAVLockDB /var/lib/dav/lockdb
</IfModule>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
IndexOptions FancyIndexing VersionSort NameWidth=* HTMLTable
AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip
AddIcon /icons/blank.gif ^^BLANKICON^^
DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif
ReadmeName README.html
HeaderName HEADER.html
IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t
AddLanguage ca .ca
AddLanguage zh-TW .zh-tw
LanguagePriority en ca cs da de el eo es et fr he hr it ja ko ltz nl nn no pl pt pt-BR ru sv zh-CN zh-TW
ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
AddType application/x-compress .Z
AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
AddHandler type-map var
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
Alias /error/ "/var/www/error/"
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
<IfModule mod_include.c>
    <Directory "/var/www/error">
        AllowOverride None
        Options IncludesNoExec
        AddOutputFilter Includes html
        AddHandler type-map var
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        LanguagePriority en es de fr
        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
    </Directory>
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
BrowserMatch "^Dreamweaver-WebDAV-SCM1" redirect-carefully

DAVLockDB /usr/local/apache/DAVLock
<Location />
    DAV On
</Location>
====================END=======================

From: Bennett.Tony@con-way.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:46:55 -0800
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Question about mod_dav in Apache2(Centos)

“DAV On” can be used within a <Directory …>
or within a <Location …

                The
code specifies:
AP_INIT_TAKE1("DAV", dav_cmd_dav, NULL, ACCESS_CONF,

"specify the DAV provider for a directory or location"),

                The
4th parameter, ACCESS_CONF, indicates “where” DAV is
allowed.

                ACCESS_CONF
is defined as:       #define ACCESS_CONF
64       /**< *.conf inside <Directory>
or <Location> */

So, your problem is elsewhere.

Does your g provide any clues…???

Posted by "Bennett, Tony" <Be...@con-way.com>.
"DAV On" can be used within a <Directory ...> or within a <Location ...
                The code specifies:             AP_INIT_TAKE1("DAV", dav_cmd_dav, NULL, ACCESS_CONF,
                                                                                  "specify the DAV provider for a directory or location"),
                The 4th parameter, ACCESS_CONF, indicates "where" DAV is allowed.
                ACCESS_CONF is defined as:       #define ACCESS_CONF 64       /**< *.conf inside <Directory> or <Location> */

So, your problem is elsewhere.

Does your apache_error_log provide any clues...???

Posted by zMatthew <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Ezra Taylor <ez...@gmail.com>.
Matt:
          I've been testing DAV with DAVfs for a little while now.  Use my
config below as you see fit.  The below config is just a template I used
from compiling Apache2 from source.  Lastly, the config below is a file
named httpd-dav.conf.  Enjoy.

DavLockDB "/opt/apache2/var/DavLock"

Alias /uploads "/opt/apache2/uploads"

<Directory "/opt/apache2/uploads">
    Dav On

    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all

    AuthType Digest
    AuthName DAV-upload

    # You can use the htdigest program to create the password database:
    #   htdigest -c "/opt/apache2/user.passwd" DAV-upload admin
    AuthUserFile "/opt/apache2/user.passwd"
    AuthDigestProvider file

    # Allow universal read-access, but writes are restricted
    # to the admin user.
    <LimitExcept GET OPTIONS>
        require user admin
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

2011/3/10 zMatthew <ma...@hotmail.com>

>  I configured Apache2 to allow "PUT" method on a directory,
>
>    -      /usr/local/apache/DAVLock is writeable by Apache
>

>    -     "LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so"  is uncommented
>    -     "LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so" is uncommented
>

> I just added  2 lines in default httpd.conf
>
> *DAVLockDB /usr/local/apache/DAVLock
> *
> <Directory />
>     *DAV On*
>
> However, PUT method still isn't seen via " OPTIONS / HTTP/1.0"
> Could someone give me a hand? thanks

--
Ezra Taylor