Posted to users@maven.apache.org by swapnil barwat <sw...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 17:26:39 UTC

Fwd: Artifactory pro abstract credentials in settings.xml

Hi,

I am using artifactory pro and integrating with Jenkins. We are also using
artifactory maven plugin to publish artifacts. For this plugin
configuration regarding artifactory (username, password, context url) needs
to go in project pom.xml. Which gives our security teams creeps (since it
has plain text password).
Before this we were using default maven deploy plugin which had all of this
information in settings.xml.
So my question is - is there a way we can leverage username/password
(server stanza) from settings.xml and pass it to artifactory maven plugin
to read from?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

--
regards..
Swapnil Barwat

--
regards..
Swapnil Barwat

RE: Artifactory pro abstract credentials in settings.xml

Posted by co...@wellsfargo.com.
You don't need to use the Artifactory pro plugin to publish to Artifactory from Maven. The maven-release-plugin should provide all the functionality you need.

Cody Fyler
CLT – APMS
G=Lending Grid Builds
(515) – 441 - 0814

Posted by swapnil barwat <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys for the reply. I was able to solve using environment variable.
I set two environment variable and use it in pom.xml. Artifactory maven
plugin by default doesn't support read credentials from settings.xml.

I appreciate the help!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by swapnil barwat <sw...@gmail.com>.