Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by MC PHERSON Sandy <sa...@eurocontrol.int> on 2007/12/18 15:55:25 UTC

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client-id : aimSummary_1_2 is duplicated in the faces tree.

Hi
I am developing JSF based portlets in Weblogic Portal 10 and using the
BEA supplied version of MyFaces 1.1.1. When I reload a portlet, or do a
form submit inside the portlet I keep getting the following

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client-id : aimSummary_1_2 is
duplicated in the faces tree.
Etc...

A second reload/submit does not exhibit this problem. What is really
annoying is that this seems to occur after the portlet has been
correctly rendered. i.e. it appears after that the correct output is
produced and that for some reason the lifecycle is being reactivated
with the obvious effect.

After surfing for a while I saw that this is some sort of known issue in
1.1.1, so I tried upgrading to 1.1.5, but then even worse things started
to happen like my tiles:insert tags wouldn't work, if I try to upgrade
struts to cope with this then the netui/beehive stuff used by weblogic
portal breaks...

I am therefore very reluctant to move away from the packaged versions of
all this machinery, which have hopefully:) been tested together.

Does anyone have an explanation/resolution to this problem?

I have the feeling that the branches are getting very thin and this is
one heavy monkey...
____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.