Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org> on 1998/12/19 20:10:19 UTC

FW: general/3563: I want to allow the definition and use of macros within runtime configuration files.

Hi,

has anyone tested that module?

-----Forwarded message <19...@hyperreal.org>-----

>Number:         3563
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       I want to allow the definition and use of macros within
runtime configuration files.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I do not like to copy-paste as a general programming principle.

When configuring apache, I often have to copy-paste some parts.
In order to avoid this I needed the ability to define and use macros
in runtime configuration files.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Sure. I wrote a module which handles this and which could be integrated in
core apache, if approved. Benefit: everybody would have the feature. Moreover
the whole world could maintain it instead of me alone. That would be cool;-)
The module is available at:

   http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho/mod_macro/

I can make changes if required and then give the code away to the apache group.

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                      - Last one out, turn off the computer!
sfx@unix-ag.org