Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/13 17:42:26 UTC

RDFa ...

Hi

Good news!
I started upgrading the project java-rdfa .
Here is my fork:
https://github.com/jmvanel/java-rdfa/commits?author=jmvanel

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
http://www.semantic-forms.cc:9111/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me#subject

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 13/01/18 19:47, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:
> Yes,
> it's already possible if you use my fork from source.
> It will be easier when there will be a new release of Java-RDFa in Maven
> Central Repository.
> The current release of Java-RDFa (old) in Maven is not compatible with
> current Jena API.
> And even easier if Java-RDFa is integrated in RDFDataMgr .

Register a new language and a parser for it:

https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/jena-arq/src-examples/arq/examples/riot/ExRIOT_5.java

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.
Martynas ,* in principle*, good idea!

But in practice, not so easy.
A programming language has some advantages.
Here is one of the problems I had to solve for Java-RDFa,
and that I cannot solve without googling, it at all possible:

saxonb-xslt -xsl:http://ns.inria.fr/grddl/rdfa/2008/09/03/RDFa2RDFXML.xsl \
            -s:http://rdfa.info/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.1/xml/0295.xml
Warning: at stylesheet on line 6 column 63 of RDFa2RDFXML.xsl:
  Running an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet with an XSLT 2.0 processor
Error
  java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:
  http://rdfa.info/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.1/xml/0295.xml
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

Of course one can do the downloading in Java, and the transform on local
data.
Also, I'm not sure that this transform by Fabien Gandon is maintained.

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.
I paste latest commit:

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.

http://rawgit.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/master/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.1/xhtml5/0001.xhtml
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/master/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.1/xhtml5/0334.xhtml

with and without
--format XHTML
or
--format HTML

The tests are in a github.io project:
https://github.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/tree/master/test-suite/test-cases

I prefer to use the rawgit.com service, that allows to test both HTTP and
HTTPS. Note that HTTPS is not a problem for Java-RDFa .

The tests have changed 7 months ago, there are 334 each for most
combinations between ( 1.0, 1.1 ) and (HTML,XHTML, HTML5).
Currently only 19 tests pass:

I have the impression that developments were stopped in 2016 in the middle
of implementing RDFa 1.1 .
If Maven experts could review the pom.xml that would help !!!!!!!!!

> Can it read both XHTML and HTML(5)?

Yes , with RDFa 1.0.
Tried URL's :
https://rawgit.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/master/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.0/xhtml1/0001.xhtml
https://rawgit.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/master/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.0/html4/0001.html
which both return:
<
https://rawgit.com/rdfa/rdfa.github.io/master/test-suite/test-cases/rdfa1.0/xhtml1/photo1.jpg>

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
Does it support RDFa 1.1?

Can it read both XHTML and HTML(5)?

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Laura Morales <la...@mail.com>.
What does this mean for Jena/Fuseki? That it's possible to download a HTML page and add RDF information to a graph?

Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM
From: "Jean-Marc Vanel" <je...@gmail.com>
To: "Jena users" <us...@jena.apache.org>
Subject: RDFa ...

http://www.semantic-forms.cc:9111/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me#subject[http://www.semantic-forms.cc:9111/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me#subject]
<http://www.semantic-forms.cc:9111/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me[http://www.semantic-forms.cc:9111/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me]>

Re: RDFa ...

Posted by Damian Steer <D....@bristol.ac.uk>.

> On 13 Jan 2018, at 17:42, Jean-Marc Vanel <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Good news!
> I started upgrading the project java-rdfa .
> Here is my fork:
> https://github.com/jmvanel/java-rdfa/commits?author=jmvanel

Ooh blimey, good luck with that.

I gave up for a few reasons. Mostly time, of course. I think the streaming approach was wrong - RDFa isn’t defined like that, and it made writing the parser awkward. Trying to support 1.0 and 1.1 simultaneously was fiddly (and probably not worth the effort). Also I didn’t really like the spec, especially 1.1, and the test suite became awkward to use.

Good luck with it!

Damian

--
Damian Steer