Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 22:31:32 UTC

CB-363 - What should we do if we exceed the quota on a WebSQL database?

Hey

I looked at the spec, and I'm wondering what we should do when we exceed a
specified quota on a WebSQL database.  The spec says we prompt the user,
but that's probably not going to fly.  Should we just grow the database
until it's at its max size, or do we want to enforce the quotas that are
being specified and do we want to throw an error?

Any thoughts?

Joe

Re: CB-363 - What should we do if we exceed the quota on a WebSQL database?

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
We handle onExceededDatabaseQuota, but we have zero flexibility with it
from what I discovered, so the point is moot.  If you create a database,
and then go over the quota you exceeded, you have to re-open the database
on the error handler in JS.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.