Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/10/02 17:22:37 UTC

Determining jar groupId ArtifactId for deploy-file

Hello,

I am fairly new to Maven and Archiva and would like some help on two issues
both related to the same problem.

We have to use 2 jar files: nclmsg.public.jar and nclutil.public.jar
provided to us by A third party (we need for compile and packaging (war))

1. In order to use them, I want to do a mvn deploy:deploy-file to our
repository, which is Archiva

2. How do we figure out the groupId, artifactId and version of those jars...
I searched the different repositories on the net, but didn't find anything,
probably because they were provided to us.

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=nclmsg.public.jar -DgroupId=???
-DartifactId=??? -Dversion=???? -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
-DcreateChecksum=true -DrepositoryId=3pp_cache
-Durl=dav:http://maven.xxxx.se:8888/repository/3pp_cache

Can anyone help clarify this for me???

Sonia

Re: Determining jar groupId ArtifactId for deploy-file

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.

Thanks Stephen for explaining!  Makes lots of sense!!!

Sonia

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.
What does that mean exactly???