Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "David G." <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/03 03:54:23 UTC

Sling Maven JSPC Plugin has "old" Sling API dependency that causes SlingRequest obis to be un-adaptable

Hi,

I am trying to build my Sling-based project using the Maven JSPC Plugin but am getting compilation errors because  SlingHttpServletRequest object doesn't have .adaptTo(…) defined.

I noticed in the API that:
Starting with Sling API 2.0.6, this interface als extends the Adaptable (http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/org/apache/sling/api/adapter/Adaptable.html) interface.

I noticed in the latest version of the plugin uses Sling Scripting 2.0.2-incubator [1] which in turn uses Sling API  2.0.2-incubator which is older than 2.0.6 thus no Adaptable support.

Can I just sync down the JSPC project, update the dependencies to the newest, build and deploy to my local mvn repo? What is the best way to get this update into the public repo?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/tags/maven-jspc-plugin-2.0.4-incubator/pom.xml
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/tags/org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp-2.0.2-incubator/pom.xml?view=markup

Disclaimer: New to maven

--
David Gonzalez

Re: Sling Maven JSPC Plugin has "old" Sling API dependency that causes SlingRequest obis to be un-adaptable

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

the easiest way to get this released is to great a Jira issue and
attach a patch :)

Regards
Carsten

2012/1/3 David G. <da...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build my Sling-based project using the Maven JSPC Plugin but am getting compilation errors because  SlingHttpServletRequest object doesn't have .adaptTo(…) defined.
>
> I noticed in the API that:
> Starting with Sling API 2.0.6, this interface als extends the Adaptable (http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/org/apache/sling/api/adapter/Adaptable.html) interface.
>

> I noticed in the latest version of the plugin uses Sling Scripting 2.0.2-incubator [1] which in turn uses Sling API  2.0.2-incubator which is older than 2.0.6 thus no Adaptable support.
>
> Can I just sync down the JSPC project, update the dependencies to the newest, build and deploy to my local mvn repo? What is the best way to get this update into the public repo?
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/tags/maven-jspc-plugin-2.0.4-incubator/pom.xml
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/sling/tags/org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp-2.0.2-incubator/pom.xml?view=markup
>

> Disclaimer: New to maven
>
> --