Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Subramanian Karunanithi <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 16:29:18 UTC

Question on Brokers

Hi,

I was playing around with C and Python based kafka clients.
Looks like we need JRE support still to run the brokers, is that true? Or
do we have an alternative to run Brokers as-well without JRE support?

Basically for a product like we own, we don't use JRE and we don't need JRE.
I am wondering if we have a suite which has methods to run brokers without
JRE requirement.

Thanks,
Subu

Re: Question on Brokers

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Kafka runs entirely on the JVM, there's no alternative option for the
broker.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Subramanian Karunanithi <sububack@gmail.com