Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/23 15:33:15 UTC

Travis is taking a long time to start Metron builds

Yesterday we waited all day for the METRON-734 PR to even start (only to
have it fail in a sporadic failure, but there's a PR for that too ;).

On the PR, I moved to allow the travis result to be an indication of a good
build after waiting 3 hours for Travis to start our build.  I would prefer
to not be required to take extreme measures to get a good build in a timely
manner.

As such, I have submitted an Apache INFRA ticket requesting some guidance
on the Travis situation: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13571

For those interested, please watch that JIRA and hopefully we can work with
INFRA to make this tolerable again.