Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Koller <ch...@net-m.ch> on 2010/08/07 03:25:21 UTC

Components and sub packages, how to reference within templates?

According the documentation it should be possible to put components to a sub package of the package components.

Quote:
Sub-Folders / Sub-Packages
Classes do not have to go directly inside the package (pages, components, mixins, etc.). It is valid to create a sub-package to store some of the classes. The sub-package name becomes part of the page name or component type. Thus you might define a page component com.example.myapp.pages.admin.CreateUser and the logical page name (which often shows up inside URLs) will be admin/CreateUser.

But I ask me how I can reference the component in the template, because this one isn't working:

<t:subpackage/myComponent t:id="myComponent" startTime="'08h 00m'" endTime="'20h 00m'"/>

Any ideas?
thx
chris

Components and sub packages, how to reference within templates?

Posted by Christian Koller <ch...@net-m.ch>.
Hi Josh

Many thanks, I'm sure i tried the dot notation several time yesterday and it wasn't working.
Today after a fresh system restart a tried again and it works without any problems.

On 07.08.2010, at 05:16, Josh Canfield wrote:

> <t:subpackage.myComponent t:id="myComponent" startTime="'08h 00m'"
> endTime="'20h 00m'"/>
>
> or

> the slash isn't valid XML in the element name.
>
> Josh
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Christian Koller
> <ch...@net-m.ch> wrote:
>> According the documentation it should be possible to put components to a sub package of the package components.
>>
>> Quote:
>> Sub-Folders / Sub-Packages
>> Classes do not have to go directly inside the package (pages, components, mixins, etc.). It is valid to create a sub-package to store some of the classes. The sub-package name becomes part of the page name or component type. Thus you might define a page component com.example.myapp.pages.admin.CreateUser and the logical page name (which often shows up inside URLs) will be admin/CreateUser.
>>

>> But I ask me how I can reference the component in the template, because this one isn't working:
>>
>> <t:subpackage/myComponent t:id="myComponent" startTime="'08h 00m'" endTime="'20h 00m'"/>
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> thx
>> chris

> http://www.bodylabgym.com - a private, by appointment only, one-on-one
> health and fitness facility.
> --
> http://www.ectransition.com - Quality Electronic Cigarettes at a
> reasonable price!
> --
> TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
> delivered fresh to your inbox.

Christian Koller
Sofwareentwickler

net mobile Schweiz AG
Seestrasse 45
CH ñ 8702 Zollikon

Tel:     + 41 (0) 44 918 99 99
Fax:     + 41 (0) 44 918 99 98
Direkt:  + 41 (0) 44 918 99 72

Mail: christian.koller@net-m.ch
Web:  www.net-m.ch

Re: Components and sub packages, how to reference within templates?

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.