Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 22:56:31 UTC

wsdl2java throws NullPointerExceptions

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-875 for this issue...

Basically if I use the xformat namespace extension in my bindings the
wsdl2java tool throws an NPE because it tries to lookup a null
transport URI in the DestinationFactoryManager.

Re: wsdl2java throws NullPointerExceptions

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 02 August 2007 16:56, Ray Krueger wrote:
> I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-875 for this
> issue...
>
> Basically if I use the xformat namespace extension in my bindings the
> wsdl2java tool throws an NPE because it tries to lookup a null
> transport URI in the DestinationFactoryManager.

Actually, I'm not so sure it has to do with the xformat stuff....
Looking at the wsdl:

    <wsdl:service name="CurrencyExchangeService">
         <wsdl:port binding="schema:CurrencyExchangeSoapBinding"
               name="CurrencyExchangeSoapPort"/>
         <wsdl:port binding="schema:CurrencyExchangeXmlBinding"
               name="CurrencyExchangeXmlPort"/>
     </wsdl:service>

There ISN'T a transport associated with the ports.   Most likely, you'd
need to put an http transport entry or something in there.  (That said,
it shouldn't throw an exception.  It should just not allow you to use
it)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer