Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Geir Magnusson <ge...@10gen.com> on 2008/12/11 20:12:03 UTC

JSR-317 : JPA 2.0

The vote for the public review ballot for JSR317 is currently going on.

On behalf of the ASF, I voted "no" as the spec lead is Sun
microsystems and from the POV of the ASF, they are not in compliance
with the JSPA - the governing rules of the JCP.

THe comment I made along with the vote is :

   The Apache Software Foundation's vote is based on the
   point of view that this spec lead - Sun - is in violation of the JSPA

     http://www.apache.org/jcp/sunopenletter.html

   and therefore shouldn't be allowed to start another JSR until the
above matter is resolved.

   This vote is not a comment on the technical merits of the JSR.  If
not for the issue
   of the spec lead, the ASF would have otherwise voted "yes".

I can tweak the comment if anyone feels strongly.

geir

Re: JSR-317 : JPA 2.0

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Oh, they expect it from us at this point...

Re: JSR-317 : JPA 2.0

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: JSR-317 : JPA 2.0

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
And I was thinking along the lines of Fitzgerald's compliments to Blaggo :)

Re: JSR-317 : JPA 2.0

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
"Dear Mr Gotti,

Re: JSR-317 : JPA 2.0