Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chetan Bob <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/15 08:25:55 UTC

3 fiels form based login authentication in Tomcat

Hi

I want Tomcat authentication like company id / username / Password so it
looks i should go for Form based authentication ....

1) I wrote login.jsp and error.jsp ;

2)web.xml

<login-config>

<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

<realm-name>MyFirst Protected Area</realm-name>

<form-login-config>

<form-login-page>/login.jsp<;/form-login-page>

<form-error-page>/error.jsp<;/form-error-page>

</form-login-config>

</login-config>

3 )configured Realm in server.xml of tomcat
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm";

Now issue is tomcat handles this j_security_check action and i want the
j_companyid field in my application ... so how can i get it ....

Can we write an class that will process this authentication and pass insted
of let tomcat handel it ?

OR

any configuration that can handel this j_companyid and pass on to
application....?

Should we need to write our own Realm if so ....then how to any example?

Thanks

Chetan

Login.jsp

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<head>

<title>Login Page</title>

</head>

<h1>Login to MyFirst</h1>

If you have been issued a username and password, key them in here now!

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">

CompanyID : <input type="text" size="15" maxlength="25"
name="j_companyid"><br><br>

Username : <input type="text" size="15" maxlength="25"
name="j_username"><br><br>

Password : <input type="password" size="15" maxlength="25"
name="j_password"><br><br>

<input value="Login" type="submit"> <input value="Clear" type="reset">

</form>

Re: 3 fiels form based login authentication in Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.