Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Wolfgang Bauer <Wo...@xitrust.com> on 2017/01/27 11:13:42 UTC

PDVisibleSignDesigner with MemoryUsageSetting and page rotation

Hi,
we are currently evaluating PDF Box for signing documents. PDFBox works
great but there are two little issues/questions:

1. is there a possibility to limit the memory usage when using
PDVisibleSignDesigner. Currently it seems to
call PDDocument.load(documentStream) without a chance to supply
MemoryUsageSetting.

2. We have a problem, when the signature is drawn on a page that is
actually rotated. This rotation is not applied to the signature image
and therefore in resulting pdf it looks just as if the signature image
was rotated.
Is there a simple way to cope with this situation (without analyzing
the signature page and add rotate the signature image itself)

Thanks
Wolfgang

Re: PDVisibleSignDesigner with MemoryUsageSetting and page rotation

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.01.2017 um 08:40 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

>> Please have a look here
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34012293/pdfbox-sign-landscape-fi
>> le-error
> ... do you think there is a chance to get this fixed in PDFBox.

Fixed in new issue:

Get a jar in a snapshot:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.5-SNAPSHOT/

The example has not yet been changed. You need to call
adjustForRotation() after having set the other values. Thus one line in
the sample code looks like this now:

visibleSignDesigner.xAxis(x).yAxis(y).zoom(zoomPercent).adjustForRotation();

Please give feedback here, or preferably in the issue itself. If it
doesn't work, please come up with a file and some code (hopefully, our
example).

Tilman

Re: PDVisibleSignDesigner with MemoryUsageSetting and page rotation

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.01.2017 um 08:40 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:

>> Please have a look here
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34012293/pdfbox-sign-landscape-fi
>> le-error
> ... do you think there is a chance to get this fixed in PDFBox.

I'll investigate whether it is possible. Watch this thread :-)

Tilman

Re: PDVisibleSignDesigner with MemoryUsageSetting and page rotation

Posted by Wolfgang Bauer <Wo...@xitrust.com>.
Tilman,

thanks for your answer. This was exactly what I was looking for.

> There is another PDVisibleSignDesigner constructor that takes a
> PDDocument, please try that one. Sadly you'd have to modify the
> structure of the example.

This works as expected.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 27.01.2017 um 12:13 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Hi,
> we are currently evaluating PDF Box for signing documents. PDFBox works
> great but there are two little issues/questions:
>
> 1. is there a possibility to limit the memory usage when using
> PDVisibleSignDesigner. Currently it seems to
> call PDDocument.load(documentStream) without a chance to supply
> MemoryUsageSetting.

There is another PDVisibleSignDesigner constructor that takes a
PDDocument, please try that one. Sadly you'd have to modify the
structure of the example.

> 2. We have a problem, when the signature is drawn on a page that is
> actually rotated. This rotation is not applied to the signature image
> and therefore in resulting pdf it looks just as if the signature image
> was rotated.
> Is there a simple way to cope with this situation (without analyzing
> the signature page and add rotate the signature image itself)

No, there is no out of the box solution.

Please have a look here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34012293/pdfbox-sign-landscape-file-error

All answers by mkl are high quality.

Tilman