Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/09 22:33:18 UTC

Is EL in jsp supported at all?

I've been trying to test 6.4.3 for jsp and am starting to think that OWB does not support web beans in EL in jsp pages at all.  I have a jsp like this...

<%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

<head>
    <link href="./css/default.css" rel="stylesheet"
          type="text/css"/>
    <title>Expression test</title>
</head>

with an ExpressionBean...

@Named
public class ExpressionBean {

    private Counter counter;

    @Inject
    public void initialize(Counter counter) {
        counter.create();
        this.counter = counter;
    }

    public String getValue() {
        return "foo";
    }

    @PreDestroy
    public void destroy() {
        counter.destroy();
    }

    public Counter getCounter() {
        return counter;
    }

    public String getStatus() {
        return counter.getStatus();
    }

    public String toString() {
        return "ExpressionBean: status:" + getStatus();
    }
}

and an app-scoped counter.  The output from my jsp seem to indicate that EL is not finding or creating an ExpressionBean.

Am I doing something obviously stupid?  Is there an example of EL + OWB + jsp working?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Is EL in jsp supported at all?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Dec 13, 2010, at 12:48 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Which jasper do you use btw? The tomcat-7 jasper I looked 6 months ago was pretty broken... Does it work now?

AFAICT, it works fine now for normal jsps.  I haven't had a chance to dig in and see what is happening here.

david jencks

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org>.