Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/03 22:27:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Log4j Scala API 12.1-rc1

This is a vote to release Log4j Scala API 12.1. This was previously being released as 13.0, though we’re going back down to a minor update.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

Changes in this release include:

New Features
* LOG4J2-3184: Add support for Scala 3.0.

Tag:
a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-scala.git" and then "git checkout tags/v12.1-rc2”  or just "git clone -b v12.1-rc2 https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-scala.git"
b) for an existing working copy to “git pull” and then “git checkout tags/v12.1-rc2”

Web Site:  https://logging.staged.apache.org/log4j/log4j-scala-12.1/index.html.

Maven Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1083/

Distribution archives: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/log4j/scala/

You may download all the Maven artifacts by executing:
wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=7 -nH -r -p -np --no-check-certificate https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1083/org/apache/logging/log4j/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1083/org/apache/logging/log4j/>

Notes:
Due to problems with prior releases, please sanity check the artifacts to ensure that they have what appear to be appropriate file contents. In our 12.0 release, the dist.a.o artifacts were empty, but the Maven Central ones were fine.

 --
Matt Sicker