Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Ifeanyichukwu Osuji <os...@potsdam.edu> on 2010/08/11 00:05:01 UTC

question about making a UDF? (javax.media.jai.JAI) (java advanced imaging)

The UDF i am making uses JAI from the javax.media.jai library. I have the
UPPER udf working fine but when i add this import statement:

import javax.media.jai.JAI;

  I get an error. How can i fix this? Even though I have downloaded the
latest version of JAI. When i use javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java i get:

laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$ javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java
UPPER.java:6: package javax.media.jai does not exist
import javax.media.jai.JAI;
                      ^
Note: UPPER.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$

Re: question about making a UDF? (javax.media.jai.JAI) (java advanced imaging)

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You need the media framework, and would need to register those jars too
for pig to 'find' the relevant classes : looks like they might not be
part of plain jdk ?

Regards,
Mridul