Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Juan Jose Rodriguez Gutierrez <jj...@eresmas.com> on 2003/01/08 22:23:24 UTC

Log

Hello, i am very new to log4j and i donĀ“t know all the things i can do. I am trying to generate a distributed log in only one file but have to discrimine the application. i.e, my presentation tier is running on a NAS server, business tier on Weblogic 6.1, and integration tier in another Weblogic(distinct than before). I have to log the workflow of my application in one file (servlets, JSP and EJBs may write theirs logs in one file). This is simple, but my application can be accessed from another application without it own log file. In this case, my application components may write at the other application log file. How can i do this? Can anyone help me, or tell me an advice?

I am now probing a solution using JNDI an subcontext but I have problems again with propagating the JNDI context inter-tiers to lookup the logger.

Thank you, very much and sorry of there is something not correctly written, my english is a bit obsolate