Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raymond Xie <xi...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/09 03:10:58 UTC

How to do indexing on remote location

Please take this as no joking! Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated.

I have data on remote WORM drive on a cluster that include 3 hosts, each
host contains same copy of data.

I have Solr server on a different host and need to do the indexing on the
WORM drive.

It is said the indexing can only be done on local host, or hdfs if in the
same cluster.

I was proposing to create a mapped drive/mount so Solr server would see the
WORM drive as its local location.

The proposal was returned today by management saying cross mount
potentially introduces risk and I was asked to figure out a workaround to
do the indexing on a remote host without the cross mount.

Thank you very much.

*Sincerely yours,*

*Raymond*

Re: How to do indexing on remote location

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Perhaps something like
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/content-streams.html#remotestreaming