Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Emmanouil Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com> on 2005/10/14 11:51:02 UTC

Are you guys interested in the (Re: JCR-only approach)

Nobody answered so... i want to help since i'm using Lenya, but really need
help from you guys to actually manage doing this in my little free time.

Cheers,

Manos

Re: Are you guys interested in the (Re: JCR-only approach)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Emmanouil Batsis wrote:

>Nobody answered so... i want to help since i'm using Lenya, but really need
>help from you guys to actually manage doing this in my little free time.

I am actually very interested in this, but currently don't find
the time to take a closer look at it. I first want to look
at Robert's code (GoSC), because I will be on vacation next week.

I hope that somebody else will be able to help you.

Michi

>Cheers,
>
>Manos
>
>On Tuesday 11 October 2005 19:59, Emmanouil Batsis wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I've created a ServletContextListener as agreed in previous thread posts
>>but need some help here :-)
>>
>>Right now, the covered scenarios are:
>>
>>* Container config is used so no initialization is needed. Classes can use
>>the repo by simply obtaining it from JNDI.
>>
>>* Still working on this: Explicit initialization by the listener can be
>>configured in web.xml for cases where JNDI is not available or you do not
>>want to use container config files.
>>
>>* The ServletContextListener can be configured in web.xml to properly
>>shutdown the repo (see JCR-120 at [1]).
>>
>>To absract JNDI use (mostly for Jetty) i intent to make the repo available
>>as a static member in some class (because i would like to avoid using
>>application context). Do you guys agree on this and if yes, is there any
>>appropriate class available? If not which package should i use? For the
>>ServletContextListener i've used org.apache.lenya.util.
>>
>>[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-120?page=all
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Manos

>>>True, but Lenya can be shipped with jackrabbit by default and the user
>>>can switch to another implementations; binding howtos will be provided by
>>>the community i guess :-)
>>>
>>>I forgot to make clear that the container will need some configuration as
>>>well, for example i Tomcat will need a Resource in it's server.xml. I'll
>>>provide documentation for Tomcat/JBoss but i really do not have the time
>>>to check out other containers. Also, as Felix pointed out, Jetty needs a
>>>solution too as the binary distribution is very convenient and that
>>>should not be lost :-/ Perhaps this can be solved by the build.
>>>
>>>BTW, how should docos be provided? I see no xdocs or anything, do i have
>>>to use the wiki?
>>>
>>>Manos

Michael Wechner