Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Kimaro <ki...@natlab.research.philips.com> on 2001/02/21 09:12:24 UTC

xerces 3.1.1

Dear all

I downloaded XML4J-j-bin.3.1.1 hoping to have xerces 3.1.1 in the package.
I could find the Documentation for xerces 3.1.1. This doc. describes a class
named "RevalidatingDOMParser".

BUT this class is not in the package!. Any one who can assist me on this
matter,
I will be very graeful.
I need this class very much for my work here.......:)

Thanks
Honest

Re: xerces 3.1.1

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.
Hi, Kimaro,

> I downloaded XML4J-j-bin.3.1.1 hoping to have xerces 3.1.1 in the package.
Please, note XML4J releases are not *equal* to Xerces ones.

> I could find the Documentation for xerces 3.1.1. This doc. describes a class
> named "RevalidatingDOMParser".
XML4J provides a source code for RevalidatingDOMParser, however we don't
include it in jar, cause it is broken and not supported.

Good news - not a long time ago there has been posting from Ken
Rawlings, who said he is trying to make RevalidatingDOMParser work. The
current code is at:
http://www.vervet.com/~krawling/RevalidatingDOMParser.java

Hope he made some progress with that.
Elena