Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/08/28 15:01:38 UTC

Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))

On 08/03/2012 09:26 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>> There is no need for these files to refer to a proposed TRAC_VERSION
>>> file. It is sufficient to state "portions developed by..." (as they do
>>> now).
>> I said so in order to say something like this in e.g. NOTICE file .
>>
>> "A modified copy of Trac is included in this source release package.
>> Exact version of Trac may be found in TRAC_VERSION file" ... etc , etc
> Ooooh... I like that! +1
>
> Cheers,
> -g

Given that this was liked...

At the moment the NOTICE file states:

    Trac - licensed under the BSD License
    This product include software (Trac) developed by
    Edgewall Software (http://trac.edgewall.org/)

Are we happy with fixing the typo in the above and appending the
following to the trac section of the NOTICE file:

    A modified copy of Trac is included in this source
    release package. The exact version of Trac may be
    found in the trac/TRAC_VERSION file.

It might also be nice for the bootstrap part of the NOTICE file to be
consistent with the rest - I think it should read:

    Bootstrap - licensed under the APLv2 License
    This product includes software (bootstrap) developed by
    Twitter (http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/)

to specify the license we understand it to use more carefully.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
At least in headers in bootstrap-*.js files I read

/* ==========================================================
 * bootstrap-affix.js v2.1.0
 * http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#affix
 * ==========================================================
 * Copyright 2012 Twitter, Inc.
 *
 *
 * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 * ========================================================== */

... short header in css files though ...

On 8/28/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 08/28/2012 02:45 PM, Branko Čibej wrote:

>>> Heh.. sorry. My typo.
>> The typo appears in Bootstrap's GitHub logs related to their LICENSE
>> file. The file itself appears to be the original ALv2 as published on
>> the Apache site. Haven't run a diff, though; it might not be too bad an
>> idea to do that.
>>
>> -- Brane
>>

> Oh, well, I didn't check to see if they had also made that mistake.. I
> am only saying that I did not copy the mistake from them as I was
> avoiding writing the whole thing out. I will try to be more careful in
> future.
>
> Other than that, I assume that Bootstrap's typo do not cause us any
> problem. From a quick look around the download, they sometimes only
> mentioning http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt but there are
> cases of mentioning Apache License v2.0 and Apache License, version 2.0.
> I cannot see their intent being questioned here but, as we are committed
> to attempting to get as close to perfection as possible with our
> compliance with any licensing issues, I am happy to take some time to
> look at this further if necessary.
>
> Anyway, I think I may as well make the changes I mentioned at the
> beginning of the thread (hopefully without any more typos) and see what
> happens.
>
> Cheers,
>      Gary

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download

Re: Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 08/28/2012 02:11 PM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 28.08.2012 15:01, Gary Martin wrote:
>>     Bootstrap - licensed under the APLv2 License
> What is the APLv2 License? You don't have to copy typos from the
> Bootstrap authors. :)
>
> It's "the Apache License, version 2", same as for Bloodhound.
>
> -- Brane

Heh.. sorry. My typo.

Re: Change to NOTICE file? (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating) (RC1))

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.