Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2005/10/06 17:24:56 UTC

RE: [Axis2] Axis 1.x databinding code in Axis2

> Subject: svn commit: r306583 [1/9]
> Log:
> 1.Adding the generation and schema handling classes. These are
salvaged
> from Axis1 and they are not at all complete. And they are not in their
> optimal shape as well
> 2.A half-done databinding extension for our own databinding

Humm..  Took the whole Axis1 SymbolTable?  What is the plan here?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

Re: [Axis2] Axis 1.x databinding code in Axis2

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
100% agree with the what glen says. I have looked deep in to  symbol
table when I try to replace the symbol table with jaxme stuff. That
code is last thing I want to move to Axis2.

Srinath

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen and all,
I didn't realize that the symbol table / and codegen stuff from Axis 1 is
not supposed to be carried on. Really sorry about that. Actually what I
wanted was a schema compiler for the code generator and I couldn't figure
out any class that does that in the code that was there. So I salvaged some
code from Axis1 codebase, stripped them down only to process the types
section. ATM it's not completely functional :)
I'll look into Glen's suggestion (generating classes using the XMLSchema)
and drop the old Axis1 code. Sorry for the trouble.

Ajith

On 10/6/05, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Whoa!!!
>
> A serious -1 to this change.... The Axis 1 SymbolTable code has been
> the bane of several people's existence for years and we should not move
> the same problems into Axis2. I realize that we need to get our DB
> stuff done ASAP, but pulling in the Axis 1 code is not the way to do it.
> We can learn from that code but let's not rely on it.
>
> We already have code to build the XmlSchema hierarchy in the
> SimpleDBExtension, we should be walking that stuff in order to generate
> classes/interfaces/types, not using the SymbolTable.
>
> I'm sorry I haven't gotten more done on this recently, and I can try to
> ramp up, or set up a phone call with Ajith to discuss where this should
> go, or any number of other options... but please not this one. :)
>
> --Glen
>
> Tom Jordahl wrote:
> >>Subject: svn commit: r306583 [1/9]
> >>Log:
> >>1.Adding the generation and schema handling classes. These are
> >
> > salvaged
> >
> >>from Axis1 and they are not at all complete. And they are not in their
> >>optimal shape as well
> >>2.A half-done databinding extension for our own databinding
> >

> > Humm.. Took the whole Axis1 SymbolTable? What is the plan here?
> >

> > --
> > Tom Jordahl
> > Macromedia Server Development

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Axis 1.x databinding code in Axis2

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Whoa!!!