Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2001/09/19 23:11:09 UTC

import problems

so i don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but it seems that as of
at least rev 120 svn import is broken...  i haven't tried backing up,
so i don't know how far back this is a problem.

from what i've tracked down so far, it's dying on the ra_lib->open in
send_to_repos.  this is importing to a local repository.

(btw, the tests are all failing for this, so either something is
really wrong on my system, or we should get better about running the
tests.  also, somewhere in the testing framework we've got a hardcoded
/bin/true path, while at least on FreeBSD true lives in /usr/bin/true.
i've been too occupied tracing the import problem down to look at that
yet.)

spent like half an hour trying to figure out how this crash could be
traced back to my svn_path_canonicalize changes and then realized that
they happened without them...  next time i'll run the tests first...

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would

Re: import problems

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:48:31AM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:44:56AM -0500, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> > Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> writes:
> >
> > > [rooneg@zodiac ~]$ svn import file:///home/rooneg/rep crap/utilities
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > >
> > > /home/rooneg/rep is a completely new repository.
> > >
> > > if i drop back to revision 114 it works fine.
> >
> > ??  I can't reproduce this.
> >
> > $ svnadmin create newrepo
> > $ svn import file:///home/sussman/projects/test/newrepo misctext/subdir
> >
> > Those two command work perfectly for me, on a clean build of revision 124.
>
> odd.  i'll try cleaning out everything and rebuilding again when i get
> home tonight.  perhaps there's something i missed yesterday.

figured it out...

since i'm compiling on FreeBSD and i wanted to stick the libs and
include files in the same place my port puts them, i was using
--includedir and --libdir on the configure line.  i was also using
--disable-shared.  i think it was compiling in old libs, and thus
crashing.  when i cleaned out those dirs before compiling it worked
fine.

Re: import problems

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: import problems

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Re: import problems

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> writes:

> [rooneg@zodiac ~]$ svn import file:///home/rooneg/rep crap/utilities
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> /home/rooneg/rep is a completely new repository.
>
> if i drop back to revision 114 it works fine.

I'm sure it's my fault.  I'll investigate/fix pronto.

Re: import problems

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:39:54PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:24:50PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:11:09PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > > so i don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but it seems that as of
> > > at least rev 120 svn import is broken...  i haven't tried backing up,
> > > so i don't know how far back this is a problem.
> >
> > this problem seems to have been introduced with revision 115...  (the
> > client side authentication revamp).
>
> Can you elaborate on what "broken" means?

sorry...

Re: import problems

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:24:50PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:11:09PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > so i don't know if anyone else is seeing this, but it seems that as of
> > at least rev 120 svn import is broken...  i haven't tried backing up,
> > so i don't know how far back this is a problem.
>
> this problem seems to have been introduced with revision 115...  (the
> client side authentication revamp).

Can you elaborate on what "broken" means?

thx,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/