Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Storck <Di...@cms.tecmath.de> on 2002/03/05 10:13:33 UTC

ActionComponetServlet.findMapping is deprecated in Struts 1.1

Hi,

I have seen that the methode findMapping in the ActionComponentServlet is
deprecated. Wich one shall I use than ?
Is that right that I now have to use Action.excecute instead of
Action.performe ?

Many thanks !

Re: ActionComponetServlet.findMapping is deprecated in Struts 1.1

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Hi,

  Method findMapping() doesn't come from ActionComponentServlet, but from
ActionServlet.
  It is true that it is now deprecated.
  Also, method perform() in Action is deprecated, and you should use execute() if
you write new actions. Old actions still working because execute call perform. I
think this "backward compatible" mechanism will stay for a while.

   Cedric