Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/02/17 22:54:07 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 release

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0. The
vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from HttpComponents
PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1
votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 release

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@apache.org>.
On Feb 18, 2009, at 15:29:11, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Fixed copyright statement in NOTICE files and updated manifest
> entries. Is there anything else you want me to do before I re-tag
> the release?

I've noticed the same things, thx for fixing - otherwise there's
nothing else I would deem a blocker.

Cheers,
Erik

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
sebb wrote:
> On 18/02/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>> vote
>> are

>>> Hashes and sigs OK.
>>>
>>> Source builds and tests OK from the top level using Java 1.5
>>> Source builds and tests OK from module-main using Java 1.4
>>> Unfortunately it's not possible to build and test with Java 1.3, as
>>> Maven2 requires Java1.4 and there is no alternative build method.
>>> However, it does compile OK in Eclipse with Java 1.3.
>>>
>>> Source archive agrees with SVN tag, apart from some differences caused
>>> by time zones in the $Date$ keyword expansion, and some additional
>>> EOLs added to some files.
>>>
>>> I cannot see the point of the $Date$ (or $HeadURL$) tags myself.
>>> I suggest removing the $Date$ tags at some point (or disabling their
>> expansion).
>>> [Not a blocker]
>>>
>>> The NOTICE files all still show 2008, which is not good, as there have
>>> been a few code updates this year.
>>>
>>> Also, the Manifest files in the jar files don't include the following,
>>> which ought to be there:
>>>
>>> Specification-Title:  Apache HttpClient
>>> Specification-Vendor:  Apache Software Foundation
>>> Implementation-Vendor:  Apache Software Foundation
>>> Implementation-Vendor-Id:  org.apache
>>> Implementation-Version: 4.0
>>>
>>> Sorry, I don't feel I can give this a +1.
>>>

>>  Which of these are blockers?
>
> The NOTICE date is a blocker for me.
>
> The missing manifest entries are not as important, as the jars do
> contain N & L files, but if it's easy to fix then it might as well be
> done at the same time.
>
> The SVN tag/source archive differences are not a blocker; but it would
> be nice to fix those at some point as it makes it easier to check that
> the source archive contains exactly what it should - nothing more,
> nothing less.
>
> Which reminds me - the DOAP file does not really belong in the source
> archive - perhaps it could be moved to the "project" SVN directory?
> Again, not a blocker.

Fixed copyright statement in NOTICE files and updated manifest entries.
Is there anything else you want me to do before I re-tag the release?

Oleg

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0