Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gokul Srinivas <ap...@nym3r0s.cc> on 2020/09/03 19:25:23 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-654 Aborting Transaction with non-flushed data should throw a non-fatal Exception

Hi,

I would like to call a vote on the following KIP.

*KIP *-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-654:+Aborted+transaction+with+non-flushed+data+should+throw+a+non-fatal+exception
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-654:+Aborted+transaction+with+non-flushed+data+should+throw+a+non-fatal+exception>

TL;DR: This KIP proposes to throw a new, non-fatal exception whilst
aborting transactions with non-flushed data. This will help users
distinguish non-fatal errors and potentially retry the batch.

Thanks,
-Gokul

Re: [VOTE] KIP-654 Aborting Transaction with non-flushed data should throw a non-fatal Exception

Posted by Gokul Srinivas <ap...@nym3r0s.cc>.
Thank you all. I will update the confluence pages with the status
and raise the PR once it is ready.

-Gokul

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.
+1 from me as well (non-binding)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1. Thanks for the KIP Gokul !

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-654 Aborting Transaction with non-flushed data should throw a non-fatal Exception

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1 Thanks for the KIP!