Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rh...@swisscom.com on 2021/03/19 12:09:51 UTC

Ansible Cassandra Collection

Hello All,

I'm the developer of a collection of Ansible modules for Cassandra and I'm seeking collaborations and/or input from users. With Ansible 2.9+ you can install the collection with...

ansible-galaxy collection install community.cassandra

Ansible Galaxy - https://galaxy.ansible.com/community/cassandra
Github Repository - https://github.com/ansible-collections/community.cassandra

Most of the modules are simple wrappers around nodetool functions but there are some more interesting/advanced ones including...

cassandra_cqlsh - Use the cqlsh shell in Ansible.
cassandra_keyspace - Create and manage keyspaces.
cassandra_role - Create Cassandra Roles and Users.
cassandra_schema - Validate and optionally wait for schema convergance.
cassandra_status - Validate and optionally wait for cluster node status, i.e. Ensure all node are UP/NORMAL
cassandra_table - Create or drop tables on a Cassandra Keyspace.

The collection provides 23 modules in total so I hope they'll be useful for all the common Cassandra Maintenance tasks.

Have a great weekend

Cheers,

Rhys

Re: Ansible Cassandra Collection

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
This is great. This is great  I've added the repo to
https://github.com/Anant/awesome-cassandra and cassandra.link and if it's
not already there will get it added to cassandra.tools

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this in the Cassandra Kubernetes SIG
because we are generally tackling the same / similar issues.

Best regards,
Rahul Singh
rahul.xavier.singh@gmail.com

http://cassandra.link