Posted to users@maven.apache.org by I am Who i am <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 23:46:37 UTC

Is there easy way to check in plugin version

Hi All,

Lets say i have pom files, without version number on it, for e.g i'm using
the default jar plugin, so i didn't mention the configuration for jar plugin
in my plugin section of pom

in that case if i want to check what version jar plugin is being downloaded
is there a mvn command i can run to find out the version or i need to drill
down all the way to my localRepository like groupId/artifactId ...

RE: Is there easy way to check in plugin version

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/2008/04/10/1207873624557.html

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Jörg Schaible
<Jo...@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:

> Heinrich Nirschl wrote:
>  > On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:46 PM, I am Who i am
>  > <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> Hi All,
>  >>
>  >> in that case if i want to check what version jar plugin is being
>  >> downloaded is there a mvn command i can run to find out the version
>  >> or i need to drill down all the way to my localRepository like
>  >> groupId/artifactId ...
>  >>
>  >
>  > mvn help:describe -Dplugin=jar
>
>  Unfortunately this takes always the latest available version in your repo, but not the one you have configured in your POM.

Are you sure? It works for me, I just checked again with maven 2.0.9.

Henry

RE: Is there easy way to check in plugin version

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.
Heinrich Nirschl wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:46 PM, I am Who i am
> <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> in that case if i want to check what version jar plugin is being
>> downloaded is there a mvn command i can run to find out the version
>> or i need to drill down all the way to my localRepository like
>> groupId/artifactId ...
>>

> mvn help:describe -Dplugin=jar

Unfortunately this takes always the latest available version in your repo, but not the one you have configured in your POM. If you lock down the versions e.g. in a pluginManagement section you will have to check the output of

mvn help:effective-pom

- Jörg

Re: Is there easy way to check in plugin version

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.