Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by techtonik <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 14:52:07 UTC

SVN clients should be able to do NTLM/SSPI proxy authentication

Hello.

SVN client can't pass through a NTLM/SSPI proxy. Does anybody know if
neon supports such kind of auth?

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/trunk/src'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/trunk/src': 407 Proxy Authentication Required

It also can't pass through SOCKS proxy as well. =/

--
--t.

Re: SVN clients should be able to do NTLM/SSPI proxy authentication

Posted by techtonik <te...@php.net>.
On 7/12/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On 7/12/06, techtonik <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > SVN client can't pass through a NTLM/SSPI proxy. Does anybody know if
> > neon supports such kind of auth?
> >
> > svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/trunk/src'
> > svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/trunk/src': 407 Proxy Authentication Required
> >
> > It also can't pass through SOCKS proxy as well. =/
>
> If Neon is compiled with NTLM support it will work with that sort of
> proxy.  There also appears to be SOCKS support in neon, although I
> have no idea how to make it work.

Still can't pass through using version 1.4.2 even when connecting to
SourceForge's HTTPS. This is what I get when I specify my squid proxy
in servers file (I need to specify it or else SVN is unable to detect
them from my windows settings).

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 7/12/06, techtonik <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> SVN client can't pass through a NTLM/SSPI proxy. Does anybody know if
> neon supports such kind of auth?
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/trunk/src'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/trunk/src': 407 Proxy Authentication Required
>
> It also can't pass through SOCKS proxy as well. =/

If Neon is compiled with NTLM support it will work with that sort of
proxy.  There also appears to be SOCKS support in neon, although I
have no idea how to make it work.

-garrett