Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schäfer <sy...@yahoo.de> on 2013/02/07 10:52:59 UTC

Files cannot be moved on FTP

Hello,

I'm reading files from a ftp server with ftp camel component (camel version 2.10.3) by pattern using antInclude=file*.txt
Reading works but after processing the files cannot be moved to the folder specified by "move" or  "moveFailed".
Instead it logs:

Cannot change directory to: \\. Code: 550]: org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException: File operation failed: 550 Failed to change directory.

As I expected that it's related to the problem described in:
        http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-users/201301.mbox/%3CCAF8t5Xt222i+WfuaswfdAdyN=8p-K62TXD7ucyWsY_YjcvMjOQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

I tried camel version 2.10.4-SNAPSHOT but the problem persists.

The ftp user I'm using has the requried permission to move files because moving files works with ftp clients (filezilla, total commander)

Any suggestion to resolve this, please?

regards,
Christian

Re: Files cannot be moved on FTP

Posted by Christian Schäfer <sy...@yahoo.de>.
Hello Filippo, hello Camel users

thanks a lot for testing.
I just ran your test ftpExample.java with my ftp server and credentials on camel 2.10.3.
This time I used another FTP server and got the same error as reported see:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34369176/camel%20ftp%20move%20prob/log.txt

Wanted to run the test FromFtpMoveFileTestBug.java on 2.10.4-SNAPSHOT but my IDE strangely can't resolve it currently although repo is added to parent pom:

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>apache.snapshots</id>
            <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>
            <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

Btw maybe dependencies could be the root cause of the move problem.
So here "my" poms..whereas it's essentially from the camel in action book:

parent pom: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34369176/camel%20ftp%20move%20prob/pom-parent.xml
module pom: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34369176/camel%20ftp%20move%20prob/pom.xml

Or may be a problem with my jdk version (jdk1.6.0_24) ?

regards
Christian

________________________________
Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,
please download it from
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/86667715/camelftp/ftproute.zip.

I tested it with 32 and 64 bit linux box from client side and the ftp
server that i used was
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver-project/index.html an i was installed on
windows box

Regards.

--Filippo

2013/2/12 Christian Schäfer <sy...@yahoo.de>

> Hello Filippo,
>
> just tried the same code with jdk 7:
> java version "1.7.0"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b147)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0-b17, mixed mode)
>
> but the problem persists.
>
> Would be great if you would share your maven test project
>
> Which OS are you using?
>

> regards
> Christian

From ftp server side what log say ?