Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Abhinav Gupta <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/08 23:30:46 UTC

Derby-6791

Hello everyone,

I've read the resources that Bryan had posted on the Derby Jira and I have
built the Derby code but I am not very sure about the Derby tests. After
reading the page on Derby Functional Tests, I'm still not sure about it.

Could you please guide me on the Derby tests ?

Thank you very much for your time :)

Re: Derby-6791

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/2015 2:30 PM, Abhinav Gupta wrote:
> After reading the page on Derby Functional Tests, I'm still not sure about it.
>
> Could you please guide me on the Derby tests ?

Indeed, some of our wiki pages and project pages about testing
are a bit complex. Perhaps you can help by pointing out mistakes
and suggesting ways to explain things better.

Here's maybe the best page to read:

	http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTopLevelJunitTests

On your workstation, can you successfully run

	ant junit-system-mini

and let us know if it seems to work for you?

If that works, try some of the other Ant targets on that page
and see if they work for you, too.

thanks,

bryan