Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kyle Banker <ky...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/05 18:39:18 UTC

kafka.server.ReplicaManager error

I have a 9-node Kafka cluster, and all of the brokers just started spouting
the following error:

ERROR [Replica Manager on Broker 1]: Error when processing fetch request
for partition [mytopic,57] offset 0 from follower with correlation id
58166. Possible cause: Request for offset 0 but we only have log segments
in the range 39 to 39. (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)

The "mytopic" topic has a replication factor of 3, and metrics are showing
a large number of under replicated partitions.

My assumption is that a log aged out but that the replicas weren't aware of
it.

In any case, this problem isn't fixing itself, and the volume of log
messages of this type is enormous.

What might have caused this? How does one resolve it?

Re: kafka.server.ReplicaManager error

Posted by svante karlsson <sa...@csi.se>.
In our case unclean leader selection was enabled

As the cluster should have been empty I can't really say that we did not
lose any data but as I wrote earlier, I could not get the log messages to
stop until I took down all brokers at the same time.

Posted by Kyle Banker <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by svante karlsson <sa...@csi.se>.

Posted by Kyle Banker <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kyle Banker <ky...@gmail.com>.