Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zoink <Br...@infomedia.dk> on 2012/07/11 17:23:13 UTC

Using StemmerOverrideFilterFactory

Hi,

I am working as a student aid for a company that uses Solr as a search
engine.
When using the class mentioned in subject, it would seem that for a query
string, the stemmer files are loaded several time, for each part of the
query using the stemmer (instead of being loaded just once, the first time
the stemmer is called). I am trying to see if there is a way to reduce the
memory footprint for loading the stemming files.
I have tried to make a few fixes to see if I could change this, but without
any result (I am using Java VisualVM to monitor the memory).
I am now wondering if Solr already caches the stemmer files first time they
are loaded, and the memory footprint cannot be reduced?

I am quite new to Solr, I only started working with it two months ago, so
it's still pretty much uncharted territory to me - so any help or hints
would be appreciated.