Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com> on 2001/09/18 04:20:01 UTC

Restarting Phoenix

Hi,

I'm currently using James, and I'd like to know how to restart the Phoenix
server. Usually, to start it, it is "dist/bin/run.sh". Problem is, once it
gets sent to background (using "&"), shutting it down has to use "kill
<pid>". What is the proper way to shutdown Phoenix? "dist/bin/run.sh
stop"? It seems that it's not the case.

BTW, if I had more than one apps under the Avalon directory, should those
apps be started and stopped all together at once? ie: you don't have
options what app to stop or what app to start.

TIA,
Oki

Re: Restarting Phoenix

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Oki DZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using James, and I'd like to know how to restart the Phoenix
> server. Usually, to start it, it is "dist/bin/run.sh". Problem is, once it
> gets sent to background (using "&"), shutting it down has to use "kill
> <pid>". What is the proper way to shutdown Phoenix? "dist/bin/run.sh
> stop"? It seems that it's not the case.

Here's my stop.sh script:

#! /bin/sh
fuser -k /usr/local/avalon/logs/phoenix.log

This kills the process ID that "owns" the phoenix.log file.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung