Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Girish Nagaraj <gi...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/07 12:26:50 UTC

How to configure to be able to create & write collections

Hi,

I am running Slide 2.0 with tomcat 5.0.

I am not able to create any collections (either through slide client
or other tools).
[<localhost>.ORACLE.COM] /slide/ $ mkcol test
Making '/slide/test' collection: failed.
Forbidden (403)

I looked into Domain.xml, but can't figure out how to make the /files writeable.

Could somebody please help?

Thanks,
Girish

Re: How to configure to be able to create & write collections

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Are you writing to /files or to /? From what you pasted it looks like
you're trying to create the collection in the root directory. You can't
do this (not sure why), but you shouldn't need to. Make sure you're in
the /files collection before you execute mkcol.

-James