Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com> on 2012/07/12 17:35:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Cordova on Windows 7

Hello,

I'm a software engineer working at Intel.

For the past few months I have been writing a program that enables running Cordova applications
on Windows 7. I was recently joined by Regis Merlino, who completely reworked the native <-> js
interface (plus a few others things) so we can reuse much of the shared Cordova JS code.

We feel that now is a good time to publish a first release, even though it's still incomplete and
untested, in order to show what we are doing and solicit feedback.

Hope you find it interesting: https://github.com/otcshare/cordova-win7

Cheers,

Patrick Porlan
Intel / Open Source Technology Center
Montpellier, France

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Cordova on Windows 7

Posted by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com>.
Hi Anis,

I finally encountered the error that you reported. In my case it happens because the program tries to navigate to an index.html file that does not exist on disk. I'll see if I can catch this (and other exception cases) and have the program fail gracefully.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com>.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
That's great guys!

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
The code requires IE9+, so that is fine, same as WP7
I am surprised that this is essentially a Win32 based version with very
limited dependencies.

--
@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Cordova on Windows 7

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
That's awesome guys!

Posted by Gord Tanner <go...@tinyhippos.com>.

--
Gord Tanner
Senior Developer / Code Poet

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Cordova on Windows 7

Posted by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Porlan, Patrick" <pa...@intel.com>.
Hi all -

I just updated https://github.com/otcshare/cordova-win7

RĂ©gis added support for storage, file and file transfer APIs, and I worked on error handling and video recording.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Nice work guys!

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.