Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 22:55:05 UTC

OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin Project

Hi All,
    It seems there is a great interest in this idea so I am ready to get
started on this.  Ideally, we need a place for the source code, for
documentation and such.  Here are my ideas:

Source: Create a directory at the repository root called "tools" and within
it have a project root for "openejb-eclipse"
Documentation: Wiki.  We should have a wiki location/namespace/whatever for
all Eclipse specification, efforts and documentation.
Collaboration: #openejb on irc.freenode.net and user/dev emails.  (Prepend
the emails with [openejb-eclipse])
Issues: We need a module for the "openejb-eclipse" project

Please provide feedback on the above.  As for getting started, I need
volunteers.  Please email me directly, without emailing the lists, with your
contact information:

Name
Email
IRC Handle(s)
IM Handle(s)

Once we have the details straightened out, we will get together to discuss
this further.  Take care,

Jeremy

Re: OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin Project

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
    Please excuse the request for contact information offline.  While the
gesture was heart felt, it can be seen as a request to do offline
development and that is not at all what was intended.  All collaboration for
this project will be done the same way that we collaborate on OpenEJB
development.  Sorry for any confusion.

Take care,

Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Jacek,
    Nothing more than just communication and for acknowledgment on the
wiki.  Obviously I wouldn't put anything but your name on the wiki.

Take care,

Jeremy

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 2/12/07, Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please provide feedback on the above.  As for getting started, I need
> volunteers.  Please email me directly, without emailing the lists, with your
> contact information:

Why do you need these?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin Project

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy...

On 2/13/07, Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David,
>    Whatever WebTools supports for EJBs and then some OpenEJB-specific
> features that are unnamed yet.  I'm hoping that we can make suggestions
> when
> we get that far.  The basics will be start/stop, debug,
> deploy/redeploy/undeploy and probably a graphical management tool for the
> management of the EJBs, if WTP doesn't provide one.

I suggest to add a UTC (Universal Test Client), it is supported with one of
the *big application servers*. It is a great tool which enables traversing
the JNDI tree of the application server and create and interact with EJBs on
the fly in a graphical way.

Take care,

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin Project

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
No WTP currently doesn't provide a generic management tool for
deployment.  Each server adapter provides its own implementation.
However there are plans to provide a generic jsr88 adapter in WTP.

-sachin

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
That is nice, looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I think OpenEJB DeployerEjb does everything you need.  Just search
for usages of it and you will see how it works.

-dain

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Sachin,

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
 From a deployment side of things you can rely on the Generic Server

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Raj,

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
If you need some examples of using facets, runtimes, servers etc..
take a look at the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin.  I'll be glad to point
you any examples from there.  I'm not too familiar with the openejb
side, but pretty familiar with Eclipse and WTP side of things.  So
let me know!

thx

-sachin

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacek...

+1 for your organization of the source code and wiki info, and I want to
joint this sub-project :)

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour