Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by PM...@nypl.org on 2005/01/18 14:46:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Log Rotation/Vhosts/Cronolog

Greetings all-

  I have  couple handfuls of virtual hosts running on a farm. I am in need
of streamlining the configurations, they are getting a bit out of control.
I also need to better organize logs for analysis. Currently, cronolog is
running to catalog logs, but this is not so manageable and gets ugly when
you're doing a gig/day. I have something setup to pull the logs to a
central log server, where the analysis occurs. This means I only need a 7
day retention on the web servers, which I just prune with a one liner.
 I would like to have the logs organized by vhost without having to add a
million configuration lines. At some point I read that cronolog was going
in that direction, likely with the module. I have not heard about this
since shortly after apache 2 was born.
 Is there any other solution that is similar to this?

Thanks-

Peter J. Milanese	        The New York Public Library
System Administrator 	       mailto:peterm@nypl.org
Tel.: +1 (212) 621-0203	       Fax: +1 (212) 247-5848