Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Varnau, Steve (Trafodion)" <st...@hp.com> on 2015/06/19 00:10:18 UTC

github contributors

Thanks, Amanda. If the other committers could let me know their github user names, I can add them as well.

This only controls whether jenkins tests will kick off automatically, or need a further ok from before testing changes from an unknown contributor.  This just protects the test environment from blindly running malicious code.  These known contributors are automatically accepted and can "ok" other users' tests as well.

-Steve

RE: github contributors

Posted by "Subbiah, Suresh" <Su...@hp.com>.
Mine is 'sureshsubbiah' .

Thanks
Suresh

RE: github contributors

Posted by "Capirala, Tharaknath" <ca...@hp.com>.
Mine is 'tharakc'.

Thanks,
Tharak

RE: github contributors

Posted by "Brown, Matt (Trafodion)" <ma...@hp.com>.
My existing git config has the following:

user.name=matbrown
user.email=mattbrown@hp.com

If I try to sign into github it doesn't like the various passwords I've tried. If I try the "forgot password" link it asked for my email but then upon clicking the submit button it returns "can't find email". Really not sure how to proceed.

Posted by "Brown, Matt (Trafodion)" <ma...@hp.com>.
Mine is mattieubro

RE: github contributors

Posted by "Birdsall, Dave" <da...@hp.com>.

RE: github contributors

Posted by "Chen, Alice (Trafodion)" <al...@hp.com>.
Hello Dave,

Re: github contributors

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Actually it is not that confusing. Contributors with privileges have an
Apache ID. With that id contributions can get committed to the projects
repositories. That is for the code repositories, but also regarding website
content.

What makes it confusing is that most start out as non-privileged
contributors, by signing up to a projects mailing list with an email
address. By having singed up to a mailing list their contributing starts.
JIRA and Confluence (the wiki) contributors can have different user ids per
product, but can choose to have these aligned.

When your Apache userId isn't aligned with your Github user name, you'll
might experience differences when viewing commits..

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-