Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jeremy Dahlgren <jd...@textwise.com> on 2005/08/07 23:21:57 UTC

Constant Throughput Timer Troubles

I have a test that needs to spread 1285200 requests across 3.5 hours.  The same test also needs to spread 25200 requests of a different category across the same 3.5 hours.  My test plan has two thread groups.  In each thread group there is a user parameters that reads requests from a file.  The file has an integer that determines the request type and then the request parameters.  After the user parameters there are constant throughput timers and a switch controller holding the samplers.  The constant throughput timers use properties passed in from the command line.  The first gets 1285200 / 210 = 6120 samples per minute and the second gets 25200 / 210 = 120 samples per minute.  The problem is that the test completes in 2 hours and 20 minutes.  I was under the impression that the constant throughput timer throttles the samples executed "within the container where you put the timer" which in my test is the thread group.   Is there a problem with the construction of my test plan?  I'm not sure why the requests aren't being spread evenly across the 3.5 hours.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

thread group 0
-- user parameters
-- constant throughput timer
-- switch controller
  -- sampler 0
  -- sampler 1
  -- sampler 2

thread group 1
-- user parameters
-- constant throughput timer
-- switch controller
  -- sampler 0
  -- sampler 1
  -- sampler 2
  -- sampler 3
  -- sampler 4
  -- sampler 5

Re: Constant Throughput Timer Troubles

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
constant throughput attempts to send requests at a constante request
rate. Hafve you tried it without the switch?

peter lin