Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2003/06/02 20:03:11 UTC

return a keyword list

Hi,

First, let me say that Lucene has been the easiest Apache/OSS product I have
incorporated in my app :)

I am using a SAX DefaultHandler to index XML files. Everything works great.

I was wondering if there is some way to pass a list of XML file names to
Lucene and have it return a keyword list. For example, a page consists of n
number of XML content pieces. A user goes to our (Dublin Core) Metadata
entry page. I would like to offer them a button that says something like
"populate subject/keyword field with keywords." Then they can trim
unnecessary words manually.

Does this make sense? Is there something built into Lucene that can do it?
If not, are there any hints as to where to get started? Perhaps, just create
a new index and get the keywords from that? But how?

Thanks for any advice and a great product!
-Rob